Why academic planning is important:
Early academic planning is critical to a student's success. Academic planning isn't just about achievement or measuring progress but also about growth, maintenance, and strategizing for the long haul. Having a strong foundational skillset will allow your child to go further in the academic setting, perform better on standardized tests, achieve a top GPA, and have confidence in his/her abilities.
Academic planning should answer three crucial questions:
1. Is your child retaining an appropriate amount of materials taught at school?
2. Is your child learning the pertinent materials at an appropriate time?
3. Is your child given the appropriate support to minimize learning loss (what is LEARNING LOSS?)?
We will independently assess your child and advise on a course of study to help your child build a solid academic foundation.
How we can help:
The goal of this program is to ensure your child's foundational skillsets are at their peak each year. Measuring academic foundational skillsets should be done progressively, periodically, and diligently. Each student's needs are different, but there are generally several important components to the program:
1. Assess and identify academic progress in the three major discipline of academics (reading, writing, mathematics) at the beginning of each summer.
2. Implement and provide summer review materials to rectify any
foundational gap and to prevent summer learning loss, OR
3. Implement a plan and provide materials to move ahead when appropriate.
4. Finally, we will provide recommendations for the appropriate course progression the students should advance to to maximize his/her academic goals (as appropriate).
Our highly individualized, personal, and supportive approach help each student accelerate his/her academic goals in an effective and efficient manner.
When should you start:
It is never too early to start building a strong foundational skillset. This program can be implemented for any student in 1st grade or older. When it comes to academic planning, the earlier you have a plan the higher chance of success you will have.